Security Working Group
This page will collect information about the activities of the security working group.
Security Working Group Charter
The security working group will work to improve the security capabilities of the Linux operating system to address the range of security requirements for consumer electronics devices.
The working group will establish security requirements for consumer electronics devices and evaluate the suitability of candidate architectures and implementations to satisfy those requirements
- Data preservation despite kernel bugs
- Protection from malicious attacks
- Protection from stack overrun attacks
- Preservation of program code integrity
- Network security Interfaces to security hardware
- Investigate kernel interface to support security services
The working group is chaired by Stephen Johnson. You can contact him directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical activities please see the SecurityResources page.