- CE Linux Forum Bird's of a Feather session
- Sessions and BOFS on embedded topics
- Sessions by category
- CELF Areas of emphasis
Here is a list of activites sponsored by or of interest to CELF members at OLS 2007:
Thanks for many developpers to attend!
The CE Linux Forum is a sponsor of the 2007 Ottawa Linux Symposium.
This is our third year of sponsorship, and we really enjoy participating each year. Our participation consists of several items:
- CELF hosts it's own BOF, which is open to the public
- Individual members present specific sessions at the event
- CELF members often lead or participate in BOFs
- CELF gives out prizes donated by member companies at the final keynote session of the symposium.
- The acronym "BOFs" stands for "Birds-of-a-Feather" session.
CE Linux Forum Bird's of a Feather session
This BOF is for anyone interested in the latest work being done in the area of embedded Linux. We have a few interesting mini-talks on new memory measurement tools, size and bootup time reduction techniques, and experience with testing realtime features in Linux.
Please feel free to come and discuss your own embedded project.
The BOF will be:
- Place: Westin Hotel, adjacent to the Congress Centre
- Room: Confederation Ballroom III, on the Fourth Floor
- Date: Friday, June 29
- Time: 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
CELF BOF Agenda:
Discussion and demo of pagemap (accurate memory measurement) patches and tools
Size and Bootup Time techniques and demo
Discussion on recent RT-preempt testing on embedded platforms
Fedora on ARM project
Lightning talks, demos, etc.
Lightning Talks from Japan: LightningSessionFromJapan.pdf
Sessions and BOFS on embedded topics
Embedded Linux BOF
- Led by Tim Bird, this is a look at the current status of embedded features in Linux.
- Date and Time: Wednesday, June 27 at 6:00 pm / Room: King
Embedded Linux Wiki BOF
- Led by Michael Opdenacker, this is a discussion about the new embedded Linux wiki.
- Date and Time: Wednesday, June 27 at 7:00 pm / Room: King
BoFS: Linux in Mobile Phones
- Led by Scott Preece, this BOF summarizes work on Linux in Mobile phones
- Date and Time: Friday, June 29 at 6:00 pm / Room: Rockhopper
Power Management BoFS
- Led by Mark Gross, this BOF discusses the latest developments and plans for power management in Linux
- Date and Time: Thursday, June 28 at 6:00 pm / Room: Rockhopper
Sessions by category
AppArmour Application Security BOFs - Seth Arnold
Linux Integrity Projects - David Safford
Linux Tracing BOFs - Vara Prasad
Djprobe - Probing the Kernel With the Smallest Overhead - Masami Hiramatsu
In-kernel Dynamic Application Tracing Mechanism and Dynamic Tracing of Kernel Data Structure - Prasanna S. Panchamukhi
Ptrace, Utrace, Uprobes: Lightweight, Dynamic Tracing of User Apps - James A. Keniston
Breaking the Chains: Using LinuxBIOS to Liberate Embedded X86 Processors - Jordan H. Crouse
Readahead: Time Travel Techniques For Desktop and Embedded Systems - Michael Opdenacker
Evaluating Effects of Cache Memory Compression on Embedded Systems - Anderson Farias Briglia
More Linux for Less - Robin Getz
Linux on Cell Broadband Engine - Arnd Bergmann
Cross Compiling Linux - Rob Landley
The 7 Dwarves: Debugging Information Beyond gdb - Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo
Frysk 1, Kernel 0? - Andrew Cagney
Where is Your Application Stuck - Vivek Kashyap
CELF Areas of emphasis
These are the areas of emphasis that CELF is promoting at this year's symposium:
- RT-preempt - what can we do to help improve it and get it mainlined?
- Embedded Linux Wiki -